Friday, January 25, 2013

What I Imagine Working in a Factory Would Look Like


You don't have to work at a place for 20 years to hate it passionately, although, I'm sure it helps. There is absolutely nothing I like about it.

I started working in this factory only 20 days ago, and yet I have managed to develop a deep and profound hatred towards everything and everyone here.

I hate the big steel gate, the road full of potholes, the grey walls, grey skies, grey smoke coming out of grey chimneys, grey coffee they try to sell as black, the grey smiles on the grey faces of employees wearing grey clothes.

I hate the noise of the blenders and blowers, the strong smell of chemicals, names of which I can not remember, the plastic protective equipment that doesn't protect you form anything, the sudden waves of nausea I feel every time I walk into the hall and inhale the venomous air that fills it.


I hate the team leaders, I hate the way they smile as they dump more and more work on us, I hate the way my heart skips a beat when I think they are not happy with my work, I detest my co-workers for the fact that they work in this shit hole and I despise myself even more for doing the same.

So why am I still here? I need the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment